Blog

Faster and Efficient =D - Tuesday, March 24, 2009


All these years, my lecturer keeps telling me not to dive into coding . . .
PLAN !!!
Very true~! Many of the times when i dived into coding, i find myself
editing and iterating through many lines of codes to fix bugs.
Not only you spend more time in the end, your codes are not efficient.

Even out in the working world, I see real programmers coding stuffs
that is unnecessary and only made the code harder to maintain. . .
Moreover, LESS is MORE! The less your codes, the faster the
program runs!
Read this: http://asserttrue.blogspot.com/2009/03/how-to-write-fast-code.html
Very useful =D.

Okays okays~ Even if you did plan, your code most likely is gonna
restructure and revise again! At least the process would be reduce
and your code looks more maintainable and nice =D.

Hmmmss . . . Next semester I would learn Advance Java o.O
Wonder how advance can Java be? Hahas . . Anyway, I heard
there is a chapter about threading!(Concurrent) Ohhhs~~
Another concept to make codes run faster other than
caching memory.

Now this led me to think about which is more impt?
Faster & Efficient or More functionalities?
IE8 vs Chrome,FF etc . . .

Hahas. . . I like chrome better and better these days=p

Signing off,
Ervin

Labels:


10:18 PM -

Recent